Sucker Punch is looking to bring on an impassioned, technically leaning junior lighting artist to assist in creating engaging, visually stunning locations in our upcoming project, Ghost of Tsushima. The ideal candidate will have a passion for lighting, general understanding of color and lighting theory and be a natural born problem solver.
- Placement and refinement of diffuse probes within towns and locations in the game world.
- Helping to maintain environment lighting.
- Review and debug environment lighting issues.
- Run bakes from the build farm and monitor its progress.
- General understanding of lighting and color theory.
- Maya experience required.
- Previous experience working within a group environment (whether student project or other).
- Understanding of real-time rendering and general game design.
- Experience with project tracking software (such as; JIRA).
- Degree in a game industry related field.
- Love of Feudal Japan era and a passion to bring it to life.
- Experience working on and debugging issues in a console environment.
This is a contract position working onsite in Bellevue, WA.
Relocation not provided.