The Finance and Business Administrator will be responsible for all aspects finance, accounting, and budgeting for a 100 person video game studio, in accordance with corporate finance procedures. In addition to day-to-day management of accounts payable/receivable, petty cash, and purchasing, the Finance and Business Manager will be responsible for all accounting and financial analysis, reporting and internal control functions for Sucker Punch.
- Manages the day to day operations of the onsite finance department, including but not limited to accounts payable/receivable, petty cash, purchasing, and preparing regular operational financial reports.
- Responsible for all budgeting and bookkeeping for the studio, including real time upkeep of proprietary accounting software.
- Responsible for coordinating all project financial information with the operations team, and ensuring that project expense are within budget and paid timely.
- Manages the compliance for all project related financial, contractual and regulatory matters and updates company policies and procedures as necessary. This includes EULA management as it relates to company software, and responding to internal and external audits as needed.
- Maintain QuickBooks, bank account, and wire ledgers, including POs and invoices.
- Responsible for yearend tax filings for studio and vendors.
- Other studio operational support as needed.
- 2+ years experience in finance, payroll, or book keeping capacity.
- Excellent understanding of QuickBooks or like accounting software.
- Ability to collaborate with a team and serve their needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of managing contingent employees and 1099 process.
- Must be a proactive multi-tasker.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Must possess proficient planning, typing, and organizational skills.
- Must possess effective analytical, technical, and problem solving skills.
- Must be trusted to handle extremely confidential and sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance.