Sucker Punch Productions is currently looking for a passionate Visual Effects artist for our upcoming project. We expect you to have a deep understanding of video games effects work, a passion for making great games, strong artistic skills, and an understanding of the technical constraints working within a console-game environment.
- Real-time VFX creation showcasing your grasp of timing, scale, color, composition, motion and physics for particle effects.
- Building a wide range of realistic particle texture and effects.
- Rigging these effects into missions, animations, breakables and cutscenes.
- Incorporating lighting effects into particle systems/effects.
- Working individually and with a diverse and experienced team of artists and game designers in a creative and fast paced environment.
- Working closely with programmers, contributing to and helping to guide the development of efficient and innovative in-house effects tools.
- Must have 2-5 years’ experience in game industry effects work.
- Demo reel showing your ability to create realistic effects with particle systems, sprites, shaders, etc.
- Texture creation experience, either 2D painting/photosource or 3D renders.
- Understanding of graphics performance in relation to creating visual effects.
- Experience with scripting and rigging of effects systems.
- Ability to contribute to and work within schedules and tight deadlines.
- Solid understanding of game development pipelines and processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members from design, programming, and art.
- Experience with vector math and expression driven toolsets.
- Expertise with pre-rendered film quality tools (i.e. Houdini).
- Maya experience.
This is a full-time, onsite position in the sunny Seattle area.