- A creative person who believes that evoking a feeling from another person is not just about great animation OR solid acting OR engaging camera work OR amazing lighting…it is the sum of ALL those parts.
Did you read that definition and expect to see a picture of you below it? Well, we should talk because we are looking for an eMOTIONalist. To be more specific…we’re actively seeking out a Cinematic Animator to work with Sucker Punch's proprietary tools and engine to
help us tell the emotional story of our wandering samurai in Ghost of Tsushima.
- Work with motion capture data to create realistic animations which are consistent with the overall tone of the world conflict.
- Create believable hand keyed animations with convincing motion and performances.
- Problem solving and demonstrating the ability to do whatever it takes to “get the shot”.
- Be an integral part of the narrative and cinematic team in order to help us captivate the audience.
- Demo reel or portfolio to demonstrate excellence in cinematic animation
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of animation by showing your ability to critique your own work
- Ability to take and implement direction
- Knowledge of anatomy and kinesiology
- Advanced experience working with motion capture data
- Advanced experience producing cinematic animation that is NOT controlled by a player
- Solid communication skills. Should be able to work effectively with creative direction, writers, mission designers, VFX, and SFX artists.
- Familiarity with Human IK or Human IK-like rigs
- Camera Layout Experience
- Adobe Premiere Experience
- Lighting Experience
This is a full time position working onsite in Bellevue, WA.