Sucker Punch is looking for a proactive IT Administrator who has a passion for leveraging technology and software to solve problems and maximize our 120+ person studio’s ability to create amazing PlayStation games.
Top to bottom – Hyper-V hosts, 140+ Win10 workstations, a 10Gb network infrastructure and PlayStation 4 development kits – you’re responsible for managing all technology needs in our studio. Procurement, key systems availability, troubleshooting, and security are all in your portfolio. This is both a strategic position involved in long term planning, as well as a hands-on position involved in implementation and firefighting. The IT Administrator interacts with all members of the team, and should have excellent communication skills, maintain a key sense of professionalism, be goal oriented, self-driven, and have a positive attitude.
Sucker Punch prides itself on being a studio where the work is dynamic, challenging, and rewarding, and employees have the ability to have a big impact on our games as well as the studio.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & TECHNOLOGIES
- Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V and failover clustering.
- Administer Active Directory on Windows Server 2012R2 and 2016. Account user creation/deletion. Group policy maintenance.
- Administer Linux CentOS/Ubuntu servers and RozoFS Storage cluster.
- Administer Windows files shares and Linux NFS shares, including iSCSI SAN.
- Support and maintain Microsoft WSUS with Batchpatch.
- Support 140+ Windows 10 workstations, with a focus on GPU and disk I/O performance
- Support company mission-critical Perforce versioning control.
- Maintain and configure multiple VLAN network, on Brocade layer 2/3 switches. 1GB and 10GB Copper as well as 10/40 Optical. Experience with VDX and ICX switches preferred.
- Maintain and configure Ruckus WiFi access points and Power-over-Ethernet.
- Maintain Network security with Juniper SRX firewall. Monitor usage, maintain policies and QOS.
- Maintain and monitor all backup systems: VM’s via Veeam, Files/data on local tape.
- Maintain complex multi-network IPSec VPN to parent offices with OSPF routing protocol.
- Administer company email services with Microsoft Exchange.
- Administer company phone system with Asterisk/FreePBX VOIP.
- Maintain assorted license/key management.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the planning and execution of solution-based IT projects to improve productivity, collaboration, security, and storage.
- A mastery of IT systems and infrastructure that enables the improvement of the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the studio’s mission.
- Play a significant role in long-term IT planning and goals, with initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence others across the organization.
- Occasional OT/time-shifting required to deploy changes in off hours. On-call for LAN emergencies and outages.
- Responsible for annual and quarterly IT budget process (3 year planning).
- Knowledge of AWS, Google Apps, and other cloud services.
- Supervise and mentor one IT Helpdesk employee.
- High level of professionalism and discretion.
- 8+ years of experience installing and managing hardware, web servers, database services, and setting and managing networks.
- Direct personal experience with specific items: Brocade Switches, Juniper Firewalls, and Perforce servers.
- Experience administering Confluence/JIRA.
- Experience with Powershell, Python and/or BASH.
- Ability to make decisions and implement complex strategies using creative problem solving skills.