DESIGN - Technical Gameplay Designer
Do you love prototyping new gameplay experiences? Do you like getting your hands dirty in the details of implementation? Then we would like to talk to you! We are looking for people with some technical skill who are passionate about Gameplay Design.
As a Technical Gameplay Designer, you will help create gameplay systems to expand interactions with NPCs and the environment. This might manifest as a core system for combat or exploration, new gear or an ability for progression, or a mission mechanic. Through it all you will be hands on with direct implementation and collaborating with others for how the experiences fit into the game.
- Work closely with Designers and Gameplay Programming to define and create gameplay systems
- Prototype, polish and balance: Player abilities, gear progression, mission mechanics + environmental interactions.
- Provide crisp feedback in order to quickly iterate on concepts, proposing solutions as well as criticisms.
- Contribute to the overall game design. We’re a collaborative group, and we expect every member of the team to have an impact on the overall player experience.
- Demonstrated ability to prototype and iterate quickly
- Solid scripting or programming experience.
- Must be a clear communicator, and juggler of the contributions from different disciplines.
- 2+ years game design experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Proficiency in Maya or other 3D modeling and animation package.
- Experience working on an open-world or 3rd person action game.
This position is currently open to those eligible to work in the States or Canada.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s salary range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location. As this is a flexible role that can be performed remotely, this means that the salary range will vary based on geographic location. Please note that individual pay will be set within this salary range based on location as well as skills and experience related to the job. Additionally, the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This is a flexible role that can be remote, with varying salary ranges based on geographic location. For example, if you are based out of Los Angeles, the base salary range for this role is: $83,400- $125,200
For more information about benefits, please visit https://www.playstation.com/en-us/corporate/playstation-careers/
This website is subject to the following terms: https://catsone.com/policies-and-terms/