Mid-Level Encounter Designer
Do you live to create challenges for players that push them to the limit of their skills? Do you obsess over the perfect enemy composition to match an environment? Do you have a passion to work with a team to create, tune and iterate on the combat gameplay loop?
If so, we are looking for a Mid-Level Encounter Designer who knows how to meld interesting layouts and challenging enemies into compelling game encounters. If you have shipped an action or stealth title where you helped make awesome gameplay, please send us your resume.
- Deliver interesting and varied encounters in an open world game, with a particular focus on melee combat and stealth.
- Use your Level Design or Layout skills to further enhance gameplay experience
- Collaborate effectively with our other teams—code, art, animation, sound, visual effects
- Provide crisp feedback to quickly iterate on concepts, proposing solutions as well as criticisms.
- Work with systems and content designers to balance and tune encounters throughout the game.
- Contribute to the overall game design, leveraging your unique perspective to help create the best possible player experience.
- Continuously strive to push the quality bar higher.
- 2+ years’ experience with at least one AAA shipped title under your belt.
- Must provide a portfolio of work.
- Must have demonstrated abilities to critique and lay out encounter spaces.
- Have shipped at least one title as a game designer working on that game’s encounters. Bonus points if the game focused on melee and / or stealth.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a cross-disciplinary team, bringing together the best ideas into challenging encounters.
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude.
Position is currently open to those eligible to work in the States or Canada.
- Positive, proactive, self-motivated, and driven to excellence.
- Happiest when working closely with ninjas in other disciplines.
- Experience working with open-world games / encounter design.
- Scripting or programming experience
This position is available for on-site, hybrid or fully remote.
This is a contract role. As well as open to remote, with varying pay ranges based on geographic location. For example, if you are based out of Seattle, the estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$37.13 - $55.63
Please review benefit information here: https://www.dzconnex.com/summary-of-benefits
This website is subject to the following terms: https://catsone.com/policies-and-terms/