Are you the sort of Systems Designer that reads though board game instruction manuals as if they were spy thrillers? Do you look through the rule set and instantly see opportunities for betrayals and glorious come-from-behind victories? Do you inevitably end up creating a few new rules to make the experience even more dramatic? Is that you? If it is, let’s talk. We need people who understand how to translate game mechanics into powerful emotional responses.
Sucker Punch games are fun because they put innovative player abilities on a collision course with crafty enemies and challenging environments. As a Systems Designer, you’re in the middle of this, creating all of these components and mixing them together into a magical game design gumbo.
- Work closely with the other systems designers and with the game play programming team to define and implement the tightly-integrated, ground-breaking, mutually-reinforcing features in our game—player abilities, enemies and obstacles to be overcome, plus the systems that tie everything together.
- Provide clear leadership for all the functional disciplines you’re collaborating with.
- Provide crisp feedback in order to quickly iterate on concepts, proposing solutions as well as criticisms.
- Contribute to the overall game design. We’re a collaborative group, and we expect every member of the team to have an impact on the overall player experience.
- Have shipped at least one title as a game designer. Extra bonus points if one of your titles has had significant commercial or critical success.
- Demonstrated ability to bring out the best in a cross-disciplinary team. Must be a clear communicator, and an expert juggler of the contributions from different disciplines.
- Must have programming or scripting experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the US and willing to relocate to Seattle.
- 4+ years game design experience.
- Proficiency in Maya or other 3D modeling and animation package.
- Experience working on an open-world game.
This position is available for on-site, hybrid or fully remote; available to those eligible to work in the States or Canada.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s salary range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location. As this is a flexible role that can be performed remotely, this means that the salary range will vary based on geographic location. Please note that individual pay will be set within this salary range based on location as well as skills and experience related to the job. Additionally, the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This is a flexible role that can be remote, with varying salary ranges based on geographic location. For example, if you are based out of Los Angeles, the base salary range for this role is: $35.50 - 53.50 per hour.
For more information about benefits, please visit https://www.playstation.com/en-us/corporate/playstation-careers/
This website is subject to the following terms: https://catsone.com/policies-and-terms/