Do you love prototyping new gameplay experiences? Do you like getting your hands dirty in the details of implementation? Then we would like to talk to you! We are looking for people who are passionate about Technical Gameplay Design.
As a Technical Gameplay Designer, you will help create gameplay systems to expand interactions with NPCs and the environment. This might manifest as a core system for exploration or combat, a mission mechanic, or a bespoke interactive experience. Through it all you will be hands on with direct implementation and collaborating with others for how the experiences fit into the game.
- Work closely with Designers and Gameplay Programming to define and create gameplay systems
- Prototype, polish and balance: Player abilities, mission mechanics, environmental interactions + mini-games.
- Provide crisp feedback in order to quickly iterate on concepts, proposing solutions as well as criticisms.
- Contribute to the overall game design. We’re a collaborative group, and we expect every member of the team to have an impact on the overall player experience.
- Demonstrated ability to prototype and iterate quickly
- Solid programming or scripting experience.
- Must be a clear communicator, and juggler of the contributions from different disciplines.
- 2+ years game design experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Proficiency in Maya or other 3D modeling and animation package.
- Experience working on an open-world or 3rd person action game.