Sucker Punch is looking for a Senior Mission Designer who shares our passion for pushing creative limits and redefining expectations about what games can be. A successful candidate will know how to thread a series of missions together into an engaging tale, be obsessed with making great stories and characters come to life though gameplay and be driven to engage players emotionally.
Our goal with each game is to tell unforgettable stories, expose players to compelling characters, and transport people fully into the game fantasy. The Senior Mission Designer is instrumental to engaging players, enveloping them in the game world and creating the sequences that live on in player’s memories. You’ll work on quiet emotional moments and bombastic set pieces, knowing that each is just as important in delivering the game vision.
Ultimately, we need someone who can blend it all together while guiding players through the world and the dramatic arc of the story.
- Drive the creative development of innovative mission content. Work closely with the other disciplines— writing, systems and layout design, programming, environment art, sound and music—to pull together all the pieces that create the immersive game of the year quality AAA missions.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior mission designers, establishing best practices and maintaining consistently high-quality expectations.
- Build and maintain the flow and pacing across multiple consecutive encounters and missions.
- Design and implement large amounts of game content: balance and tune Main Story and Secondary missions, contribute to layout feedback for gameplay needs.
- Provide daily feedback and direction to all the contributors on your missions, driving rapid iteration so that we can meet our high-quality bar and reinforce the overall vision for the product.
- Create and manage tasks with clear deadlines across multiple mission types.
- Work with the Layout Designers and Environment Artists to develop mission and encounter locations.
- Help refine content creation processes, documentation, pipelines, and propose new content authoring tools and techniques.
- Communicate and coordinate across multiple disciplines to refine the concept-to-ship content creation process.
- Work closely with the Project Directors and other Leads to ensure quality across the game.
- Continuously strive to push the quality bar higher.
- Demonstrated ability to design, script, and balance high-quality content in a dynamically changing production environment.
- At least 5 years of game design production experience as a mission designer, level designer or similar leadership role in content creation.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to lead and direct a small multi-disciplinary team to create content.
- Proven track record of developing engaging content.
- Layout / Level design skills.
- Experience with programming or scripting languages (C#,LUA, Python, etc).
Position is currently open to those eligible to work in the States or Canada.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s salary range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location. As this is a flexible role that can be performed remotely, this means that the salary range will vary based on geographic location. Please note that individual pay will be set within this salary range based on location as well as skills and experience related to the job. Additionally, the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This is a flexible role that can be remote, with varying salary ranges based on geographic location. For example, if you are based out of Los Angeles, the base salary range for this role is: $90,600 - $135,800.
For more information about benefits, please visit https://www.playstation.com/en-us/corporate/playstation-careers/
This website is subject to the following terms: https://catsone.com/policies-and-terms/