Sucker Punch is looking for a Writer to join our narrative team and help us craft engaging story content for our next project.
Our ideal candidate has success telling impactful, character-driven stories in an open-world game. They will have the skills to craft emotional stories, memorable characters, and strong dialogue while collaborating with the writing team and other designers to advance our storytelling at Sucker Punch.
- Work with the writing team, project leads, and other designers to craft the game's story in alignment with creative direction and narrative pillars. This will involve writing pitches, design documentation, dialogue scripts, world building, and more.
- Own key areas of a project's narrative through all stages of development.
- Champion narrative direction to the team and advocate for excellent storytelling across the game.
- Support VO recording sessions and the casting process.
- Contribute to all areas of the narrative including documentation, secondary game content, and dialogue barks.
- Minimum of 3 years in a professional writing role with multiple shipped games or published works.
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title in a writing role.
- Strong skills collaborating with a team, brainstorming creative solutions, and generating constructive feedback on narrative and design content.
- Experience writing on a AAA game through all stages of development.
- Excellent organizational skills. Able to produce quality writing on schedule with minimal supervision.
- Deep understanding of open-world narrative design and storytelling methods that support player freedom and agency.
- Strong skills at self-critique and generating constructive feedback on others' work.
- Ability to quickly revise work based on feedback.
If this describes you, please submit your resume and portfolio of writing samples.
- 5+ years' experience as a game writer.
- Shipped AAA open-world games.
- Experience working with actors and supporting VO recording sessions.
This position is available for on-site, hybrid or fully remote.
We are currently only seeking US domestic candidates.
This is a contract role. As well as open to remote, with varying pay ranges based on geographic location. For example, if you are based out of Seattle, the estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$46.33 - $69.49/hr.
Please review benefit information here: https://www.dzconnex.com/summary-of-benefits
This website is subject to the following terms: https://catsone.com/policies-and-terms/