From Sly Cooper to inFAMOUS to Ghost of Tsushima, our team has helped set a bar for animation that offers up rich character experiences. But we’ve got big ambitions, we’re not satisfied, and we want to offer up even more opportunities to delight players. That’s where you come in! Our team is looking for a Senior Level Gameplay Animator to work with Sucker Punch's proprietary tools and engine to create a wide range of compelling and memorable character experiences.
- Ability to bring to life a wide range of characters found throughout the world. A keen eye for context and authenticity is a must.
- Work with Maya and in-house toolsets to handle motion capture data to create realistic animations which are consistent with the tone of the game and true to the character.
- Create believable hand keyed animations with convincing motion and performances.
- Collaborate with a tight knit team of programmers and designers through the iteration process and to implement motions that deliver visually arresting, exciting, and grounded in-game events.
- Contribute to the design of game play systems.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and drive when performing job functions, while remaining flexible in undertaking other activities and responsibilities that may arise.
- Develop and mentor fellow animators.
- 5 year’s experience as a gameplay or interactive animator.
- Demo reel or portfolio to demonstrate excellence in animation & an expert understanding of the principles of animation.
- Advanced experience working with motion capture data and workflows.
- A strong understanding of animation systems and development.
- Ability to take and implement direction and have the flexibility to make changes and edits based on gameplay needs.
- Experience creating realistic animation with a strong emphasis on acting performance.
- Be resourceful and seek progress through creative, inventive problem-solving methods.
- Ability to quickly adopt new software/tech and how to benefit most from it.
- Understands the Return on Investment of their tasks and can manage their work.
- Solid and proactive communication skills. Should be able to work with designers, character artists, technical artist, and programmers.
**As part of the Sucker Punch application process, candidates may be asked to complete an animation test. **
- Strong drawing skills.
- Base experience producing cinematic animation.
- Experience working with Animation outsourcing.
- Camera Layout Experience.
- Experience Planning & Directing Motion Capture Shoots.
This position is available for on-site, hybrid or fully remote.
This website is subject to the following terms: https://catsone.com/policies-and-terms/