Sucker Punch is seeking an HR Generalist to join our administrative support staff. We are looking for a passionate person who really cares about the people within the organization, as much as they care for the organization itself. The HR representative will be responsible for all HR procedures including onboarding, benefits, administration, terminations, etc .This person will also handle all of our event planning, corporate employee travel and coordination, and all employee engagement activities. We are looking for someone with a “can do, will do” attitude, who is willing to get their hands dirty when necessary. This person will ensure that internal processes of the studio run smoothly, and overcome obstacles as they arise.
- Assist in the transactional onboarding process for new employees. Ensure employees are enrolled in benefits and complete any and all required compliance training. Assist in providing welcome packets to new employees, describe the company perks, provide all building orientation, etc.
- May be involved in facilitating terminations, and completing any exit information.
- Maintain employee files and ensure employee databases are up-to-date.
- Be familiar with, and available to answer general employee benefit questions.
- Assist in coordinating employee morale events, such as the annual picnic and holiday party.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars.
- Maintain company organization charts and employee directory.
- May be involved in the identification of employee training needs and helping to ensure that employees are properly trained.
- Be an advocate for employees, and be available to help coach and/or mitigate issues using basic coaching principles.
- Protect organization's values by keeping information confidential.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Act as the studio liaison between facility vendors and contractors working with the studio, where appropriate.
- Book conference accommodations and travel for employee staff.
- Strong written communication skills are a must.
- HR certification a plus.