We are looking for an experienced concept artist to join the Sucker Punch Concept Art team! You will work directly with the Art Leads and Director to push the artistic vision of our game through creative illustration and designs, as well as support the Art and Design teams with production concepts through completion of the title.
The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for strong anatomy, architectural and environmental design and illustration, including a strong handle on lighting, color, and the ability to execute at a high level of craftsmanship.
- Collaborate with the art lead and concept team in defining visuals for the title.
- Create believable, relevant concept art for character, environments, props, and/or effects.
- Able to take feedback and quickly iterate on concepts.
- Help generate inspirational concept and prototype art to pitch game scenarios
- Provide screenshot paint-overs to guide the character and environment teams.
- Solid concept portfolio, exemplifying strong design skills
- High level of vision and creativity, and ability to perform to standard under tight deadlines.
- Works well serving a team and collaborating
- Ability to take and implement direction.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to grasp and adhere to guidelines while still pushing innovation.
- Driven, focused, and won’t settle for mediocrity.
- Thorough understanding of core illustration principles, perspective, layout, color and lighting
- Experience and proficiency working with Photoshop and/or other modern digital 2D program.
- A passion for games.
DESIRED SKILLS AND PLUSES:
- 4+ years concept artist experience in a production environment and/or freelance.
- Strong character design experience a plus.
- Experience with 3D software package a plus.
Domestic applicants only at this time.
This website is subject to the following terms: https://catsone.com/policies-and-terms/