Sucker Punch, the studio that created Ghost of Tsushima, is looking for an experienced Graphics Programmer to join our studio in Bellevue, WA. Our talented artists create expansive, visually stunning landscapes and experiences, and you’ll be pivotal in bringing that creativity to life in a spectacular game. We are looking for the whole package: someone with the necessary skills to define, research, create and deploy graphics features that will keep the studio in the leading edge of world class visual quality in video games.
This is more than just coding a feature in a single layer; it is about owning the vision from the nuts and bolts of the engine all the way to stunning user facing experiences, including the means for our artists to express their creativity and passion.
Sucker Punch fosters a healthy company culture, crucial to creating a productive and collaborative work environment. Here you will participate, interact, voice your ideas, and be a key part of something awesome.
• Coordinate with other disciplines to define feature roadmaps, provide recommendations to management, as well as follow on team progress, to achieve strategic and operational goals
• Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in graphics technology, and identify opportunities to incorporate them into our Rendering Pipeline, supporting the art direction vision and the artists who create it
• Research and implement features that push the envelope of graphics technology, in order to create best-in-class visual experiences in our games
• Work is done mostly in C++, but Python is also required in some of our workflows
• Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
• Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
• Ability to work under tight time constraints and deadlines
• Able to own large engine features from start to finish
• Must have a positive and supportive attitude and enjoy working with others
• Five years of C/C++ programming experience in the games industry
• Previous work experience on a medium-to-large team
• Experience writing and maintaining high quality rendering systems and authoring pipelines
• Experience with Maya C++ and Maya Python interfaces
• Proven track record in creating and deploying innovative graphical features
This position is available for on-site, hybrid or fully remote.