Sucker Punch, the studio that created Ghost of Tsushima, is looking for a Graphics Programmer to join our studio in Bellevue, WA. Our talented artists create expansive, visually stunning landscapes and experiences, and you’ll be pivotal in bringing that creativity to life in a spectacular game. We are looking for the whole package: someone with the necessary skills to define, research, create and deploy graphics features that will keep the studio in the leading edge of world class visual quality in video games.
This is more than just coding a feature in a single layer; it is about owning the vision from the nuts and bolts of the engine all the way to stunning user facing experiences, including the means for our artists to express their creativity and passion.
Sucker Punch fosters a healthy company culture, crucial to creating a productive and collaborative work environment. Here you will participate, interact, voice your ideas, and be a key part of something awesome.
• Analyze and enhance existing features, supporting the art direction vision and the artists who create it
• Design and develop new features for our engine, from artist facing tools to world-class visual quality in games
• Study modern developments in graphics technology, and translate them into practical features for the rendering system
• Work is done mostly in C++, but Python is also required in some of our workflows
• Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
• Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
• Ability to work under tight time constraints and deadlines
• Able to own large engine features from start to finish
• Must have a positive and supportive attitude and enjoy working with others
• BS or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline
• Must be legally able to work in the United States
• Excellent communication across disciplines
• Excellent general math skills
• Passionate about making great games
• 1+ years of academic or personal experience in game development
We are currently seeking US resident candidates.