Sucker Punch, the studio that created Ghost of Tsushima, is looking for a Systems Programmer to join our studio in Bellevue, WA. Our talented artists generate gigabytes of raw creativity, and you’ll be pivotal in bringing that creativity to life in a spectacular game. We are looking for the whole package: someone with the necessary skills to investigate, define, create and deploy features from data entry in one of our creation tools, through the asset building pipeline, into the engine, culminating in a great game experience. Whether you are working on animation, pathfinding, physics, UI or special effects, this is more than just coding a feature in a single layer; it is about owning the vision from user facing tools, all the way to the nut and bolts of the engine.
Sucker Punch fosters a healthy company culture, crucial to creating a productive and collaborative work environment. Here you will participate, interact, voice your ideas, and be a key part of something awesome.
- Help define the vision for the core systems that drive game creation and user experience
- Analyze and enhance existing features, and support the artists and designers using them
- Design and develop new features for our engine, from user input to awesome game experience
- Coordinate with other disciplines to define feature roadmaps, provide recommendations to management, as well as follow on team progress, to achieve strategic and operational goals
- Work is done mostly in C++, but Python is also required for authoring workflows
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and deadlines
- Able to own large engine features from start to finish
- Must have a positive and supportive attitude and enjoy working with others
- Five years of C/C++ systems programming experience in the games industry
- Previous work experience on a medium-to-large team
- Excellent communication across disciplines
- Solid 3D math skills
- Passionate about making great games
- Experience with high fidelity, state-of-the-art animation systems
- Experience with Maya C++ and Maya Python interfaces
- Proficiency in art asset pipelines
This position is available for on-site, hybrid or fully remote.
This website is subject to the following terms: https://catsone.com/policies-and-terms/