Are you a technical sound designer with a love of integration? Do you dream in Wwise? Does your passion for scripting languages confuse your significant other? Are you a stickler for file naming conventions? Do you sleep with a katana under your pillow? Are you a quick learning, self-starter looking for a fun challenge and a great team to collaborate with? Did the preposition ending that last question upset you?
Sucker Punch is searching for a Technical Sound Designer with outstanding Wwise integration and scripting skills and (ideally) some sound design know-how for a temporary contract. If you have the qualifications and the drive, please send us a note including a little about yourself, a current resume, and a description of your favorite sound you’ve ever heard and why it resonates with you.
- Implement sound effects from external partners into Wwise and our proprietary engine
- Creation and integration of assets from recording sessions
- Integration of game content using internal scripting language and tools
- Interface with teams cross-studio to ensure features and content are addressed
- Wwise proficiency
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in video game sound design
- Professional understanding of game audio aesthetics and implementation methods
- Understanding of basic scripting/programming terminology
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Adult responsibility skills
- Proficiency in a scripting language
- ProTools or Reaper experience
This is a contract position located onsite in Bellevue, WA