Two words that have always gotten your blood pumping. You’ve studied it. You live for it. You have the ability to help others achieve it in this mad, mad world we call GAME DEVELOPMENT.
We have two other words for you…
Sucker Punch is looking for a passionate, inspirational person to help us bring our visually stunning characters to life. The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a character art lead, outstanding communication skills, a good understanding of character design, accuracy in interpreting the human form, and an unbridled passion to raise the bar in the games industry.
- Define the Target: Work with creative direction, tech art, and concept art to help design the look and feel of our characters in a way that meets the gameplay needs.
- Direct the Effort: Proactively identify needs. Make sure the scope is achievable. Set milestone goals and clearly communicate schedules.
- Steer the Awesomeness: Work with our crazy talented art team to ensure our high-quality bar is achieved.
- Lead by Example: Understand how our engine works top to bottom…and then create highly efficient, realistic next gen characters alongside the team.
- Cultivate the Craft: Mentor artists technically and artistically that are super talented and eager to learn.
- Push Boundaries: Partner with engineers to take our characters to the next level.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail
- 2 years minimum experience as a Character Art Lead
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends
- Expert human, costume, and animal sculpting skills using software like Zbrush, Mudbox, and Marvelous Designer
- Thorough understanding of working with scan data using software like Wrap
- Pro-level understanding of current Physically Based Rendering technology and realistic material creation using software like Substance and Mari
- Strong grasp of real-time pipelines
- Excellent organization skills with proven ability to set up file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols
- Past Experience working with Outsourcers and Outsourcing Managers
- Knowledge of the history of costume design
- FACs Acquisition Experience