Sucker Punch Productions is looking for a Senior Lighting artist with a minimum 5 years of experience and a solid understanding of current run-time rendering technologies. We have a dynamic, creative and friendly atmosphere at our studio where you can have a big impact on a project as an individual and as part of the team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Lighting tasks on a significant portion of game environment.
- Must communicate effectively.
- Work closely with Leads and Art direction to achieve art goals.
- Master proprietary lighting system, tools and systems.
- Must be able to meet milestones and deadlines.
- Troubleshooting lighting, art and tech issues, work to solve the issues with Leads, AD or engineers.
Portfolio and other Requirements
- 5-years of experience in video game production with solid understanding of advanced run-time rendering technology, deferred lighting, light maps and baked lighting tech.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and desire to take on responsibilities within team-based work environment.
- Must have general knowledge of physical based lighting and rendering.
- Ability to research or track down real-world reference when needed.
- Traditional drawing, painting, photography or sculpture skills a plus.
- Excellent Maya skills.
- Highly developed eye for color, compostion and detail.
- Problem solver with ability to learn new technologies and software on-the-fly.
- Previous PlayStation game development a plus.
This website is subject to the following terms: https://catsone.com/policies-and-terms/
- A portfolio review is required.
- Applicants must be able to work in the USA and willing to relocate to the Seattle, WA area.
- Bonus if you have photography portfolio.