We’re looking for a Senior Gameplay Animator to work with Sucker Punch's proprietary tools and engine to create a wide range of compelling character experiences that a lone samurai would come across within the feudal Japan setting offered by Ghost of Tsushima.
- Work with Maya and in-house toolsets to handle motion capture data to create realistic animations which are consistent with the overall tone of the world conflict.
- Create believable hand keyed animations with convincing motion and performances.
- Maintain active communication within and outside the department.
- Collaborate with a tight knit team of programmers and designers through the iteration process and to implement motions that deliver visually arresting, exciting, and grounded in-game events.
- Contribute to the design of game play systems.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and drive when performing job functions, while remaining flexible in undertaking other activities and responsibilities that may arise.
- Ability to bring to life a wide range of characters found throughout the world. A keen eye for context and authenticity is a must.
- 5 year’s experience as a gameplay animator.
- Demo reel or portfolio to demonstrate excellence in animation.
- Established understanding of the principles of animation through showing your ability to critique your own work.
- Ability to take and implement direction as well as flexible to make changes and edits based on gameplay needs.
- Solid and acute sense of timing, weight, performance and poses.
- Experience creating realistic animation with a strong emphasis on acting performance and camera staging.
- Be resourceful and seek progress through creative, inventive problem-solving methods.
- Ability to quickly adopt new software/tech and how to benefit most from it.
- Knowledge of anatomy and kinesiology.
- Advanced experience working with motion capture data.
- Basic experience producing cinematic animation that is not controlled by a player.
- Solid communication skills. Should be able to work with designers, character artists, technical artist, and programmers.
This is a full-time, onsite position. We offer competitive pay and benefits, along with a friendly set of coworkers in sunny Seattle!