We are looking for an experienced artist to join the Sucker Punch Concept Art team! You will work directly with the Art Director to push the artistic vision of our game through creative illustration, as well as support the Character team with production concepts through completion of the title. The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for strong character design and illustration, including a strong handle on lighting, color, and the ability to execute at a high level of craftsmanship in rendering.
- Create believable, relevant concept art for character, effects and environments/props.
- Color scripts and lighting studies.
- Help generate inspirational concept and prototype art to pitch game scenarios.
- Screenshot paint-overs to guide the characters and environment team in look, feel and lighting.
- Solid concept portfolio, exemplifying strong design skills.
- High level of vision and creativity, and ability to perform to standard under tight deadlines.
- Works well serving a team and collaborating.
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills.
- Help establish visual guidelines for the character team.
- Thorough understanding of core illustration principles, perspective, layout, color and lighting.
- Experience and proficiency working with Photoshop and/or other modern digital 2D program.
DESIRED SKILLS AND PLUSES:
- 5+ years concept artist experience in a production environment and/or freelance.
- Environment design experience a plus.
- Experience with 3D software package a plus.