Are you looking to work in a creative and fun environment where you can work with a tight knit team and have a big impact in creating a AAA game? Sucker Punch is looking for a self-driven Senior Environment Artist to use their strong modeling, texturing, and technical skills to inspire and create compelling worlds that push the boundary of gameplay, art and story-telling on PlayStation 4.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create props, architecture, and terrain models, textures, and materials
- Collaborate with the art and design teams to design and layout game play spaces and create visually striking game environments
- Work with the Art Director and Environment Art Lead to drive the art vision for the game
- Follow established art direction and style through use of concepts and critiques.
- Translate concept art and design ideas into 3D gameplay worlds
- Participate in establishing pipelines for the best results in a given amount of time
- Participate in establishing and maintaining the high quality bar for the game
- Participate in scoping work for environment art planning and milestone deliveries
- Ensure that assets meet the performance and memory requirements of the game engine and hardware.
- Guide and mentor other team members.
- Be able to work well as a team member or small team lead.
- Ability to adapt and assume new responsibilities should the need arise.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as an Environment Artist.
- Professional experience working on current generation games.
- Self-driven with strong communication skills.
- Ability to mentor and teach other artists.
- Expert understanding of Maya, Photoshop, Mudbox, Z-brush or equivalent.
- Expert understanding of generating normal maps from high poly models.
- Expert ability to create realistic looking textures and models.
- Understanding of source control via Perforce or equivalent.
- Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules.
- Five or more years of professional experience.
Desired Skills and Pluses
- Knowledge of texturing programs like Substance or Quixel.
- Knowledge of real-time rendering tech.
- Understanding in creating PBR materials and rendering.
- Previous console development experience.
Portfolio and other Requirements
- A portfolio review is required. We prefer web-based submissions, but will evaluate DVDs if necessary.
- Applicants should expect to take a modeling and texture test on provided 3d model(s).
- Applicants must be able to work in the USA and willing to relocate to the Seattle, WA area.