Sucker Punch is looking for a Narrative Writer to help create engaging and compelling narrative content for our upcoming project. Daily tasks will include story development, game dialogue and general narrative contribution. The ideal candidate will have previous success as a game writer or screenwriter, outstanding communication skills, a good understanding of story and game structure, experience in a writers' room setting, and an absolute passion to tell great stories in various cinematic mediums.
- Collaborate with content designers, writers and creative staff in creating original narrative content and believable characters for an open world game
- Collaborate with writers, designers and cinematic artists to write and edit compelling and unique dialogue for a diverse cast of characters
- Communicate story ideas and plans and advocate for excellent storytelling across the team and product
- Contribute to other creative areas of the narrative including secondary game content, recording actor performance of dialogue and writing content for marketing materials.
- A minimum of 5 years’ of industry or related-industry experience as a game writer, screenwriter or story editor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and "pitch" skills.
- Able to brainstorm and collaborate with a team
- Successfully produced writing work, preferably in genre content.
- Thorough knowledge of the story and game development process.
- Solid understanding of story and game structure and how they can integrate successfully.
- Passion for gaming and/or storytelling.
- Vast knowledge of successful intellectual properties in today's popular culture.
- Able to produce writing without constant supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- Deep understanding of open world narrative and the current generation of open world games.
- Experience in playing open world games.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience as a game designer or narrative designer