"I can do that!"
Is that what you said to yourself the first time you ever laid eyes on a realistic CG character? Do you obsess over getting all the anatomy, clothing, and facial details of a character just right? Do you do this because you, like us, believe that’s how you bring the soul of a character to life?
If so, Sucker Punch says, “You CAN do that…for US!”
We are looking for a character artist to join our talented team and help us step up our game!
- Work with the latest and greatest scanning and material acquisition technology to create highly-efficient, realistic characters for the Playstation 4.
- Work with our Concept Team to ensure our character designs feel believable and fit in the world we are creating.
- Work with our Character Tech Art and Game Design teams to integrate content into our proprietary engine.
- Ensure that the high-quality bar established by the Art Director is achieved.
- Help us maintain solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions, and other established protocols.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.
- Experience using Maya, Zbrush, Mudbox, and Photoshop.
- Strong human sculpting skills and understanding of human and animal anatomy with an ability to create highly realistic characters.
- Strong understanding of current Physically based rendering technology.
- Solid understanding of real-time pipelines and ability to adapt rapidly to changing technology.
- Must be able to work well within a team, accept direction, and embrace change.
- Ability to collaborate productively with other disciplines.
- Position is currently open to those willing to relocate to Bellevue, WA
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
- Scan Data and FACs Library Acquisition/Clean Up experience.
- Experience with pattern making and or Marvelous Designer
- Experience with Substance